Payroll Officer - Level 6
- 3-month opportunity
- Great team environment
ALL ASPECTS RECRUITMENT & HR SERVICES is looking for a dynamic payroll officer to join their client’s team. Based in Darwin you will be responsible for delivering payroll for our client and assisting with other administrative and project duties. You will have high attention to detail, able to multi task/priories work task and ability to operate under pressure.
This role will interpret employee conditions including relevant award, legislation and contracts to ensure compliance and the provision of a consistently accurate payroll service. Under the supervision of the Payroll Officer, you will provide excellent customer service, process end to end fortnightly payroll including adjustments, track leave, salary packing, reporting and payroll filing.
Previous experience in a similar end to end role within payroll, performing the end-to-end function as a stand-alone individual.
- Proven ability to interpret employee conditions such as awards and/or common law contracts as well as a sound understanding of current legislation such as superannuation and long service leave.
- A sound understanding of termination calculations including: all leave types, superannuation and eligible termination payments
- Proven ability to work independently, effectively prioritising tasks and meeting fixed deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure; calmly multi-tasking and problem solving.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, and the ability to work with multiple systems holding various payroll information at the one time, and transpose and transfer data between systems.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Flexibility and ability to excel in a small, dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Current Working with Children clearance/Ochre Card Desirable
- Qualifications within HR, Payroll, Accounting and/or Business
- Previous experience and general knowledge of People and Capability projects and tasks.
Submit your interest