Relevant Trade Qualifications
Between 3 and 5 Years
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services are currently recruiting for an experienced, pro-active Finance Manager to work for our client; who has good knowledge of NT remote communities and experience in long distance driving particularly remote off-road and 4-wheel drive.
The client is a not-for-profit organisation providing services delivery in areas of Community Development, Aged Care, School Nutrition, NDIS, Playgroup, Afterschool Care, Night Patrol, Centrelink and Municipal Services.
They are located South of Katherine and is part of the Roper Gulf Shire Council area.
Services provided in this community include pre-school, primary and secondary educational services, two retail stores, a Centrelink storefront, a women’s centre, police station and airstrip.
The climate for this location in both wet and dry seasons can average anywhere from 10 degrees Celsius to 40 degrees Celsius in the build-up.
- $85 -$95k per annum + salary sacrifice and leave loading
- Accommodation provided
- Flexibility to work from home and travel to the location.
The purpose of this role is to provide financial advice to the management/direction team; assisting with the decision-making process along with preparing corporation’s budget and budgets for projects/ programs and grants.
You will also be required to prepare financial reports; monthly, quarterly, and annually, and review budget and variances
Month end processing, invoicing, bill payments recording journals and general ledger reconciliations, accounts receivable and payable as well as preparing year-end financial reports.
You will also be required to liaise with their External Auditor for year-end processing, getting financial reports certified for grant funding as well as preparing grant funding acquittals for NTG funding programs.
What we need you to have to be considered for this role
- 5+ years’ practical experience in an Accounting / Financial role, with advanced knowledge and experience with using Microsoft Excel and MYOB systems.
- Tertiary education in Finance/ Accounting (CPA or bachelor’s degree in accounting would be highly regarded)
- Preparation and submission of quarterly BAS and IAS.
- Strong billing and invoicing knowledge
- Sound knowledge on Fair Work rules and regulations on Awarding rates, employee benefits, leave, ETP and experience in processing payroll and managing employee profiles within MYOB.
- Demonstrated experience in accounts payable and receivable.
- Well-developed organisational skills, the ability to manage time effectively and prioritise tasks.
- The ability to pay attention to detail and use common sense.
- High level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to problem solve and show initiative.
- An easy-going personality, with strong attributes of integrity and work ethic
- The ability to work well independently, but also as part of a team.
- Previous experience in working and living in a remote Aboriginal community.
- Experience in working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people.
- Good understanding of Aboriginal Culture and Values
If you feel this matches your skillset and you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the subject Finance Manager and for a confidential discussion, please call Dawn on 08 89817431